Research and development is both a rigorous and creative process. In collaboration with our workshops and internationally renowned clarinetists, Paul Meyer worked on the research project for developing new acoustics, resulting in the Divine clarinet.
This model benefits from having the same hole placement as the Tosca model which allows for better intonation in every register.
The improved bore favors flexible register-crossing and freer blowing during the most demanding pieces. The Bb Divine clarinet comes with two barrels – 65mm (442hz) and 66mm (440hz) and the A model with 65mm (440hz) and 64mm (442hz).
The Divine is made of grenadilla wood with specific upper joint Green Line tone-hole slots eliminating air leaks on tone-holes most prone to crack.
The carbon wire (a Buffet Crampon patent), which replaces the metal rings, makes the clarinet 60 grams lighter and thus contributes to its exceptional balance with greater vibration and freer blowing. As with the Tosca model, the Divine clarinets are equipped with a low F correction key.
Give us a call at 517-339-REED to special order yours today!
- Keys: 19
- Rings: 6
- Thumb rest: Adjustable
- Eb lever: Included
- Low F correction key: Included
- Keywork finish: Silver or gold plated
- Keywork: Forged keys, copper and silver
- Springs: Blue steel
- Pins: Metal O-ring
- Pads: 100% waterproof material (GT), leather and natural cork
- Key: Bb, A
- Pitch: 440/442 Hz
- Body: Dalbergia Melanoxylon, Natural African blackwood, selected
- Bore: Poly-cylindrical
- Tenons: Metal-capped
- Tones holes slots: In Green-LinE on the upper joint
- Carbon wire: Barrel, lower joint and bell
- Corks: Synthetic on tenon, requires lubricant BCA0135
- Barrels Bb: 2.55" and 2.59"
- Barrels A: 2.55" and 2.52"
Why purchase your Buffet clarinet from Meridian Winds?
- We always have a good selection of Buffet's most popular models in stock
- All instruments are meticulously checked over and set up by our clarinet technician prior to delivery
- Instruments include an additional Meridian Winds 2 Year Warranty on parts & labor in addition to the Buffet Factory Warranty
- If you reside outside of the Greater Lansing area, we will select and send 3 instruments to you or your school on a 7-day approval – contact us for complete details
- Free shipping to you or your school with the purchase of an instrument
- Buffet professional model instruments with factory-installed bladder pads in the upper joint are changed to Masters pads at no additional cost
- Upgrade to any Vandoren mouthpiece for only $ 50 with the purchase of a new instrument