Kooiman Forza Saxophone Thumb Rest
From Ton Kooiman: “A better, relaxed position of the right hand thumb enhances both the relaxation and the freedom of movement of the other fingers, making technical phrases easier (faster) to play.
- The thumb is held higher and is either straight or slightly bent and does not “sag”.
With the hinge at the left and adjustment right, the Forza can be lifted upwards to support the thumb ergonomically.
- The result is a “natural and individual” posture.
- The thumb rests is in the lower part of the “spoon” of the Forza thumb rest.
-No pain, or callous….. anymore….
- When the adjustment screw is removed, the Forza can be opened
and in the picture below you can see that it has been fixed with the original screw.
- The Forza can be used on most soprano, alto and tenor saxophones if supplied with a detachable metal or plastic hook, as can be found on the Selmer Paris/ USA instruments.
As well as :Buffet Crampon
Yamaha 30 series and up!
B&S… and many Asian brands, etc etc…..
- The Forza can be used on the Baritone as well but only advisable when the musician has relatively large hands.”